SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Nov. 23 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Councilor for Municipal Cooperation and Housing of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Zebenzuí Chinea, visited this Wednesday the water supply and sanitation works that have just started on the TF-213 in La Victoria, an action that will include the renovation of the rainwater and irrigation, as well as the provision of sidewalks and landscaped spaces, among other services.
Chinea, who was accompanied by the mayor of La Victoria, Juan Antonio García, pointed out that the works have a budget of 1.8 million euros, and will have an execution period of 18 months.
The island manager recalled that this is the second phase of the project to improve the layout of this road and that the Cabildo will finance 90% of the work and the City Council the remaining 10%.
During the tour that he made this morning together with the municipal councilor along the route that the action will cover, Chinea said that “the works will provide a solution to the sanitation problem in the area, as well as accessibility, as the construction of sidewalks is planned, among other endowments and equipment.
The counselor also explained that “the supply network will be completely replaced, the public lighting and telecommunications networks will be buried and completed, and all road signs will also be included.”
The project will include the conditioning and placement of new pavement on the road, as well as the construction of sidewalks, to guarantee the safety of pedestrians.
For his part, the mayor of La Victoria, Juan Antonio García, indicated that “today is an important day” for the residents because they have finally seen this work begin with which a solution to the sanitation problem will be found.
“We are satisfied because it is a project that we have been working on together with the Cabildo throughout this term, with which, in addition to sanitation, we are going to solve an accessibility problem and improve the provision of public services,” he said.
Juan Antonio García announced that they are looking for alternatives to facilitate parking for the population during the months in which the development of the works is planned.
“During its execution, traffic will be affected, we are aware of the inconveniences that this will generate, we apologize in advance to the neighbors, but we know that it will redound to their benefit and the benefit of the municipality,” he said.