SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Jan. 19 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife has completed this Wednesday the work of urban sewage infrastructure, between Cuesta Perera street and Carretera Vieja, in the municipality of Santa Úrsula, worth 1,150,000 euros.
This action is included in the Municipal Cooperation Plan 2018-2021 and has been financed 90 percent by the Cabildo, while the remaining 10 percent (115,000 euros) was contributed by the Santa Úrsula City Council.
The island councilor for Municipal Cooperation and Housing, Zebenzuí Chinea, who traveled to Santa Úrsula this Wednesday to make the official delivery of the works, stressed that “it is a fundamental work that responds to a historical lack that affected several streets of the urban center of the municipality, improving the quality of life and the well-being of its neighbors”.
The project contemplated the installation of sanitation and rainwater networks in Acero, Víctor Zurita, Hilos streets, the sidewalk on the sea side of the TF-217, between Hilos and Lomo Hilos streets, and a crossing of this road.
In this sense, Chinea explains in a note that since the southern end of Calle Hilos did not have an outlet, a pumping station has been installed at the low point, “as well as a discharge pipe that connects to a sanitation well from Victor Zurita Street”.
The counselor assures that these works “will solve the deficiencies of the area in terms of sewage, rainwater and supplies”, and values the finish of the streets, “whose pavement has been replaced, as well as the pavement and the signage “.
The person in charge of Municipal Cooperation and Housing has also wanted to apologize to the neighbors for the inconvenience caused, “but the importance of carrying out works to be able to enjoy infrastructures in accordance with the 21st century is undeniable.”
For his part, the mayor of Santa Úrsula, Juan Manuel Acosta, emphasizes the importance of this work, “since more than 70 percent of the municipality lacks this type of infrastructure, as is the case in a large part of the towns in Tenerife.”
Acosta assures that “urban sanitation is a priority for any municipality in the 21st century”, and is satisfied that “one more step” has been taken.