SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Nov. 3 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife, through the Insular Institute of Social and Socio-Health Care (IASS), provides 60 unemployed youth with their first work experience with one-year internship contracts through the ‘Noemiass’ project.
In addition, another ten jobs will be created related to the tutoring and support of the participants in their work activity and which will also be filled by unemployed people.
The third vice-president and counselor of Social Action of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Marián Franquet, highlighted during the presentation of the first training day the importance of this type of projects that combine work and training, since “the opportunity is given for young people with qualifications and theoretical training can put what they have learned into practice, at the same time that they acquire work experience for their curriculum and obtain income derived from their work “.
Marián Franquet also explained that “the jobs that these people will fill are qualified, with very diverse professional profiles, such as jurists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, workers and social workers or engineers and engineers in industrial electronics, who will carry out their work mainly in the Dependency Care Unit and will be distributed among the different IASS centers throughout the island, such as the Los Dolores Hospital, in La Laguna, the Santísima Trinidad Hospital, in Icod de Los Vinos or the Reina Sofía Camp in Güímar , among others”.
The also president of the IASS emphasized the institute’s social work and explained that it seeks to “change and improve the quality of life of people who suffer difficulties.”
In this sense, he pointed out that the ‘Noemiass’ project seeks that unemployed people can access “quality work, with good working conditions” and hoped that its implementation will allow those hired in internships “to consolidate their vocation thanks to this experience “.
MORE THAN 1.6 MILLION BUDGET
The ‘Noemiass’ project, which is managed by the Insular Institute of Social and Socio-Health Care, has a total budget of 1,667,227 euros, of which 71 percent is provided by the Canarian Employment Service and the remaining 29 percent It is financed by the Cabildo de Tenerife, through the IASS.
The 60 people selected to access these jobs will receive 65% of the salary established according to the collective agreement for personnel hired by the Cabildo, within the framework of Special Plans, Practices, Programs or Collaboration Agreements with other organizations and institutions, to carry out works or services of general interest (2019-2022).
The project will end, after one year, on October 31, 2022.