SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, 27 Sep. (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife has awarded the second phase of the project to improve the layout of the TF-213 in La Victoria de Acentejo.
The action also includes the implementation of new sanitation, rainwater and irrigation networks in this section of the crossing, as well as the provision of landscaped areas.
For the execution of these works, a period of 18 months has been foreseen, and they will be carried out through the Asfalto y Obras Tafuriaste company, which will undertake the works shortly.
The Councilor for Municipal Cooperation and Housing of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Zebenzuí Chinea, indicates in a note that these works have a budget of 1,698,389 euros.
The Cabildo assumes 90% of the investment, while the City Council contributes to the financing with the remaining 10%.
For Chinea, “it is a necessary investment to adapt the road and modernize and optimize the canalization and sewage system in the area.”
From the Cabildo, he continues, “we maintain our support for the municipalities to help them to renew these infrastructures and we will continue to focus our efforts on this matter and provide a better service to the neighbors.”
The counselor also highlights that a prior study of the environment will be carried out to organize the work and thus minimize possible inconvenience to the population.
For the mayor of La Victoria de Acentejo, Juan Antonio García, “this project encompasses one of the most important investments of this mandate in the municipality.”
In fact, he points out, “it is a necessary work for La Victoria, which has had the technical and economic support of the Cabildo, and with it we will respond to the needs of our neighbors, who demanded an accessible work that meets also with basic services”.
García also highlights that “in this second phase there will be sidewalks on both sides of the road, with a modern and attractive design, to contribute to the development of the area, although the central boulevard that was built in the first phase of this work and that causes so many problems in terms of the passage of large vehicles such as buses and trucks”.
The planned works will be completed with the resurfacing and conditioning of the road, to help improve safety conditions on the road.