SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, 5 Nov. (EUROPA PRESS) –
The president of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Pedro Martín, and the first deputy mayor and councilor for Public Services of the Santa Cruz City Council, Guillermo Díaz Guerra, have agreed on Friday the terms of the inter-administrative collaboration agreement that will allow the start of the procedure to carry out the canalization works in the El Cercado ravine, in the nucleus of El Regente, in San Andrés and thus end the problems suffered by residents of the area when rains occur.
To carry out this action, which will be carried out through the Insular Council of Waters of Tenerife (Ciatf) and the town hall, a budget of 1,543,505.32 euros has been foreseen.
Pedro Martín has explained the details of this agreement, which must be ratified by the island and municipal government bodies, by which the Cabildo undertakes to contribute 1,213,503.88 euros, corresponding to 78.62 percent of the bidding budget of the works, while the City Council will assume the cost of the remaining 21.38 percent, a total of 330,001.44 euros.
“The Cabildo works to solve the problems that citizens have and collaboration with the rest of the island’s corporations is essential to promote substantial initiatives, such as this action in the El Cercado ravine, which will improve the lives of the people who reside there and who have been suffering from this situation for years, “he says in a note.
For his part, Guillermo Díaz Guerra has assured that “with this principle of agreement, at last a solution will be found to one of the great problems that the city has and that affects the safety of people.”
In his opinion, “it is important that the administrations place themselves above political colors and that we are able to work together, from the first moment there has been a high degree of understanding between the Public Services area, Cabildo and Insular Water Council, this is the first step for future agreements on hydraulic infrastructures, which benefit the citizens of Santa Cruz and show that there are no political barriers when the will is to work together. “
In addition, he pointed out that “solving the problem of the Ravine of the Regent was one of the great pending issues that the administrations had with the neighbors and the first step is being taken to finally unblock this matter.”
FLOOD WHEN THERE IS HEAVY RAIN
The island councilor for Sustainable Development and the Fight against Climate Change, Javier Rodríguez Medina has explained that in periods of intense rains, the deficient hydraulic capacity of the ravine channel causes the flooding of the El Cercado road, which causes problems for the neighbors and neighbors, who become isolated.
“This is a situation that has been dragging on for years and to which the two administrations will put a solution through works to channel the ravine in the El Regente area and adapt the infrastructure of the El Cercado road and the existing service networks to the new channeling. With this economic contribution from the Cabildo, we offer the City Council the solution that residents have been waiting for so many years, “he says.