Orange became the first operator in Spain in February, and one of the first in Europe, to commercially launch 5G SA (Stand Alone) technology. Just a few months later, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Tenerife have also joined Orange’s 5G+ network (commercial name of 5G SA), as part of a national deployment plan that will reach around thirty locations in the first half of 2023.
The use of the 5G+ service does not imply any price increase for the client and to enjoy its advantages you only need to have a compatible terminal
It should be noted that the “ignition” of 5G+ in Canary cities has been carried out with a coverage greater than 80%.
Thanks to 5G SA technology, Orange customers in Las Palmas and Tenerife, both individuals and companies, will enjoy benefits such as:
- Better indoor 5G coveragethanks to the use of native 5G bands.
- low latency, that will positively influence services for which this requirement may be highly relevant: gaming online, streaming video live etc
- Longer terminal battery lifedue to less signaling required and the deployment of network functionalities that also favor better energy efficiency.
- Greater number of connected devices, allowing up to 1 million connections per km², which represents 10 times more than the capacity of existing technologies.
- Greater security. The 5G+ network incorporates more advanced security mechanisms, such as IMSI (SUCI) encryption.
In addition, For businesses, 5G+ meets the need for flexible, scalable, reliable, and secure connectivity for real-time uses. through his ability network slicingthe network of Orange It allows offering virtual networks that allocate the necessary network resources to guarantee the provision of critical services or meet specific customer needs, offering different levels of quality, availability, privacy and security.
The use of 5G+ service It does not imply any price increase for the client and to enjoy its advantages you only need to have a compatible terminal. There are already numerous Samsung and Xiaomi smartphones in the Orange catalog that support this technology, and new models from these and other manufacturers will soon be added.