SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, 11 Apr. (EUROPE PRESS) –
The Ministry of Health of the Government of the Canary Islands has registered more than 8,000 requests for the stabilization processes of professionals from 55 medical specialties. Of the total number of applications, 4,419 correspond to the stabilization process, while 3,627 are submitted by ordinary means.
The Ministry wanted to remind that the registration period is currently open for various professional groups of the Canary Islands Health Service (SCS) attached to the ordinary selection processes and stabilization of SCS professionals in application of Law 20/2021, of December 28, of urgent measures to reduce temporary employment in public employment.
The first group that has been able to present the applications, whose registration period opened on March 6, is that of medical specialists in an area that encompasses 48 medical specialties, as well as professionals in Admission Medicine and Clinical Documentation, Care Palliative, Family Medicine, Hospital Emergencies, Primary Care Pediatrics, Odontostomatology and Public Health technicians.
In addition, professionals from groups C and C1 health and A and A2 management can now submit their applications, by virtue of the call and the bases published in the Official Gazette of the Canary Islands (BOC) on December 29, 2022.
The rest of the professional groups will open their corresponding application registration periods according to the calendar established and published in said BOC.
With the opening of these registration periods, the call for the selection processes of the Public Employment Offer for the year 2022 of the statutory personnel of the SCS and the additional OPE for stabilization of the temporary employment of the statutory and labor personnel of the SCS, such as the places and the deadlines for presentation and the phases of the development of the selection process among other aspects. The resolution of the selective stabilization processes must be finalized before December 31, 2024.
In health Groups C and C1, whose registration period is open from this Monday, April 10, and until May 9, are included specialist technicians in Oral Hygiene, Pathological Anatomy, Dietetics and Nutrition, Health Documentation, Laboratory, Nuclear Medicine, Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy.
The professionals corresponding to the categories Management Group of the Administrative Function, Graduated Technician, Technical Architect, Graduate in Business Sciences, Graduated Technician in Computer Science, Technical Engineer, Industrial Technical Engineer, Technical Engineer in Telecommunications and Social Work, may present their applications to attend this stabilization process until May 9, since the submission period opened yesterday, Monday, April 10.
MORE THAN 12,000 PLACES
In total, with the sum of the Public Employment Offers already approved, the result is an Offer of 12,282 places that may benefit from the provisions of Law 20/2021, of which 9,721 may access directly by merit competition, and the rest by opposition contest. This stabilization process affects 75 professional categories.
The call and bases published in the BOC on December 29, 2022 are the result of the work carried out by the working group formed between the SCS and representatives of the union formations that make up the Health Sectoral Table to establish the positions, scales and job offer criteria, after the agreement reached by majority on December 1, 2022.
The Ministry of Health thanks, once again, the working group for the involvement and effort made to reach the agreement that will allow the stabilization of the workers of the centers attached to the SCS, which after an exhaustive review of the number of positions to be stabilized it has been able to include close to 3,000 more jobs than initially planned in the merit-based stabilization option.
ACCESS AND SCORING
According to what was published in the BOC of December 29, the merit-based access system includes the positions occupied in the last five years prior to December 31, 2020 and contemplates the assessment of professional and curricular merits, taking into account experience in the category in which it is concerned and a greater weighting in the services provided in the SCS, in accordance with the recommendations agreed upon by the Human Resources Commission of the National Health System. In this sense, professional merits will account for 70 percent of the maximum score and the rest of merits and training, 30 percent.
Regarding the access system by opposition competition in the stabilization process, which includes the positions occupied between three and five years prior to December 31, 2020, a valuation in the competition phase of 40 percent was agreed. of the total score in which the experience in the category in question will be taken into account and a greater weighting in the services provided in the SCS.
The professional merits will account for 90 percent of the maximum score and the rest of the merits will account for 10 percent. The opposition phase, which will take place first, will be valued at 60 percent of the total score. This phase of opposition, which will not be eliminatory, will consist of the mandatory completion of a multiple choice questionnaire.
Given the extraordinary nature of the call and in order to guarantee stability and continuity in the provision of health care, it had already been agreed that the applicants selected in the stabilization process who already have the status of temporary or substitute statutory personnel of the same category and, where appropriate, specialty in the SCS, they will be directly awarded the position they have been occupying. The rest of the selected applicants will award according to the order of points obtained and the preference expressed.
In addition, the positions corresponding to ordinary public employment offers in the ordinary competition-opposition process are included, with a scale of merits similar to that used in previous ordinary processes, although with a content in the opposition phase that coincides with the competition- opposition to the stabilization process.
Likewise, the call for the stabilization process for access to the status of permanent labor personnel is published, which affects 190 positions, of which 158 correspond to the merit-based access system, and the rest to competition-opposition, with the same scores as the identical process of stabilization of statutory personnel.