SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Dec. 30 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife, through the Municipal Cooperation and Housing area, has awarded the project to renew the sanitation network in the urban area of the municipality of La Guancha, which has an investment of 1,040,381 euros.
The works, which are included in the Municipal Cooperation Plan 2018-2021, have been awarded to the company Transformaciones y Servicios (Traysesa), which will have a period of 11 months for its execution.
This has been indicated by the area councilor, Zebenzuí Chinea, who clarified that the Cabildo will finance 90% of the work (936,343 euros) and the City Council the remaining 10% (104,038 euros).
“With this action, the internal sanitation network will be replaced and improved to guarantee the provision of the service with modern infrastructures, adapted to current regulations,” he clarified.
For his part, the mayor of La Guancha, Antonio Hernández, indicated that they appreciate “the financial support of the Cabildo with the people of La Guancha to be able to carry out very expensive jobs, which it would be impossible to assume through the municipal coffers.”
In his opinion, “they are uncomfortable jobs for the residents, but very necessary, this time the works, which will begin imminently, will focus on Farrobo and La Caldera.”
Zebenzuí Chinea also advanced that this project contemplates the replacement of the surface layer of the streets of the town in which it intervenes.
“The Cabildo is making a significant effort to meet the needs of updating this type of infrastructure in the island’s municipalities,” he added.
The island official added that “there are still actions to be undertaken and they are provided for in the new Municipal Cooperation Plan 2022-2025 in which work is already underway to continue promoting this type of work necessary for the population.”