SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Dec. 7 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife, through the Municipal Cooperation and Housing area, and the Santiago del Teide City Council will improve the sanitation and rainwater network on Geranio street, in Los Gigantes, through the Municipal Cooperation and Housing Plan 2022-2025 .
The counselor Zebenzuí Chinea explains that the project has a budget of 1,975,337 euros and an execution period of 22 months.
Of this investment, the Cabildo de Tenerife will contribute 1,577,295 euros, 80% of the action, and the Santiago del Teide town hall, 398,042 euros, the remaining 20%, collects a note from the island corporation.
The counselor values the importance of this project that “it is a work of special relevance that will provide the network with the necessary capacity to guarantee its proper functioning, with the consequent improvement that this entails for the general sanitation system in the zone”.
For Chinea, “these works benefit the municipality as a whole, the intervention will correct the deficiencies detected, it will provide this area with modern infrastructures and services, in conditions of quality and sustainability, which will improve the image and contribute to revalue the area”.
For his part, the mayor of Santiago del Teide, Emilio Navarro, indicates that within the process of improving municipal sanitation that they continue to carry out “and, knowing the increase in accommodation units in said area”, they have been “foresighted” and thanks to the support and collaboration of the Cabildo de Tenerife will maximize the network and improve public space.
The island official highlights, in this sense, the “joint work” that has been carried out between both administrations to promote the realization of this project.
“By the Cabildo, the Governing Council has approved the attribution of the works to the city council, which will be in charge of the management and execution of the planned works, which also include asphalting and public lighting works,” he points out.
Zebenzuí Chinea also explains that this project “is part of the line of work and collaboration of the Cabildo with the municipalities to help them promote the process of renovation of sanitation infrastructures.”
Specifically, he points out, “it is an area that we consider a priority for the population and for the territory.”
IMPROVEMENT OF SIDEWALKS AND LUMINAIRES
This type of action, he continues, “involves a considerable improvement in the environment, by also contemplating paving work, improvement of sidewalks and placement of lights, among other services, for the benefit of the population, both local and visitor.”
The counselor also details that this project is an example of the comprehensive interventions that are being promoted in the municipalities.
Among the planned works is the installation of a sewage collector along the street that will connect to a well on José González Forte street. In addition, a rainwater network will be installed on the road to collect rainwater.
It also includes the supply network to which the household connections will be connected, with the replacement of the existing pipes being planned, as well as the placement of lighting fixtures and paving works.
The project will be enriched with the replacement of horizontal signage and the installation of tactile paving and directional indicators in pedestrian crossing areas, in compliance with accessibility standards.