SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, July 19 (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Cabildo de Tenerife, through the Insular Directorate of Tourism, has approved an investment of 290,000 euros for the execution of the renovation works of the tourist information office of El Médano, in Granadilla de Abona.
This action has been considered a priority, given the significant influx of tourists and visitors that El Médano receives, a very popular tourist enclave. The Cabildo will contribute 66% of the financing, 191,028 euros, and the City Council of Granadilla de Abona the remaining 34%, 99,313 euros.
The works are included in the project to improve the Network of Tourist Information Offices of the Cabildo (Red Infoten), which aims to renovate the 36 offices on the island, providing them with a unified image and first-rate technological resources.
The island’s Director of Tourism, Laura Castro, pointed out that “this initiative improves the first impression on tourists who visit us, for whom, in many cases, these offices represent the first contact with what the island has to offer”.
He added that the work “includes the incorporation of new technological services that will contribute to offering a higher quality of care services not only to tourists who visit El Médano, but also to residents and visitors to the area, who will have a modern information, equipped with first class technology”.
In addition to the renovation of the offices, work will be carried out on the implementation of an innovative, dynamic and quality technological installation, with large-format screens and visibility that will project relevant information on Tenerife, as well as touch screens or tablets that will allow visitors to consult and directly download information of interest on the island.
Through this installation, Turismo de Tenerife will be able to collect new data on the visitor who comes to these spaces.
The Councilor for Tourism of the City Council of Granadilla de Abona, Eudita Mendoza, clarified that “the project contemplates the almost complete demolition of the office, located in Plaza de El Médano, with a new redistribution of the space it occupies planned, to optimize services and resources that are provided to citizens, in addition to computerizing the office and making it more attractive for the tourist who visits us”.
Likewise, Laura Castro indicated that the works of the new tourist information office of the Tenerife South airport are already being carried out, an action that has also been considered a priority, as the main international airport that brings together 99% of the connections with the European continent.
The island director recalled that the renovation of the 36 offices of the Infoten Network, as well as the construction of new spaces, has an investment of two million euros, to be carried out through collaboration agreements with the municipalities.