SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, June 23 (EUROPE PRESS) –
More than 400 members of the National Police will participate in the security device that will be deployed for the celebration of the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, in which agents of the Local Police and the General Corps of the Canarian Police will also participate .
Santa Cruz de Tenerife has a high tradition in Carnival. Thousands of citizens and tourists, both nationals and foreigners, participate in the many scheduled events -parades, parades, competitions, galas and concerts-, enjoying a high tourist attraction that causes large concentrations of public that can entail risks in citizen security, even more so if you take into account that this party has not been celebrated since before the pandemic.
As reported by the National Police, the priority objective of this security operation is to guarantee the normal development of the festivities, as well as to prevent the commission of criminal and administrative infractions, especially those illegal that directly affect people. It will be activated throughout the weekend.
More than 400 members of the National Police will participate in it, including members of citizen security, information and investigative teams of the judicial police of the Provincial Brigade and the district, uniformed and plainclothes police stations, as well as units specialized in large mass gatherings guaranteeing public order, such as the Police Intervention Unit (UIP) or the Prevention and Reaction Unit (UPR). Support units such as canine guides, aerial means or underground will also be present.
On the part of the National Police, a series of tips are launched:
– In crowds and with small children, give them the phone number of the adult accompanying them visible, even written on their forearm or hand.
– Do not carry objects or materials that could endanger your integrity or that of third parties, such as glass bottles or blunt objects.
– The use of drugs is not only very harmful to health, but also if it is done on public roads, it is a reason for sanction and drug trafficking is a constitutive crime.
– Do not go with valuables to parades or cavalcades, keep an eye on your belongings, never carry them in your back pockets and the bag should be carried across the body and across the front. Bring the essentials.
– If an altercation or violent act occurs, try to get away from the place and inform the Police of what is happening: call 091 and ALWAYS avoid violence. RESPECT and calm.