The Sauzal this year will open its new municipal cemetery, a work financed 90% by the Council of Tenerife, whose budget exceeds 922,000 euros. The remaining 10% is provided by the Sauzalero City Council. The island councilor for Municipal Cooperation and Housing, Zebenzui Chineahighlights that this work contemplates the construction of niches and ossuaries, the urbanization of the accesses and the creation of toilets and installation rooms.
Chinea and the mayor of El Sauzal, Mariano Perez, have recently visited the works of the new municipal cemetery, whose work is estimated to be completed before the end of the year. As detailed by the island councilor, “this action is 50 percent complete.”
The person in charge of the Municipal Cooperation area emphasizes that it is a work “highly demanded by the population of The Sauzalwhich although it is collected in the Municipal Cooperation Plan 2014-2017it has been in the current mandate when we have begun its execution».
“Its new location is ideal as it is in the mid-range area and equidistant from the large population centers”
The new cemetery is located between the town center and the Ravelo neighbourhood, on the service road next to the North highway (TF-5)which connects the urban area with the midlands. Mariano Perez highlights the need for this new infrastructure for the town, since the current cemetery cannot be expanded. In his opinion, it is necessary to remove this type of facility from the historic quarters, “and in our case, its new location is ideal because It is in the middle zone and equidistant from the large population centers».
Chinea also took advantage of his stay in the municipality to visit the regularization works of the wastewater treatment and discharge systems of the municipality of Sauzalero in which the Cabildo also works. This other work, framed within the 2018-2021 Cooperation Plan, has a budget of 604,036 euros, of which the Cabildo also contributes 90 percent (543,632 euros).